Crux Vocal Ensemble delivers a ghoulish spectacle on November 2nd at St. Werburgh's Church (near Christchurch Cathedral)
Dark worship, satanic sounds, cult practices...
Music from Eyes Wide Shut, Candyman, Ligeti, James MacMillan with Gothic readings too.
Also the Irish premiere of 'Smirti' by James Meredith, arranged for sax and organ.
Featuring Natalia Astramowicz-McGough, saxophone and David O'Shea, organ.
Tickets: http:// entertainment.ticketsolve.c om/shows/873486839/events
Curriculum Vitae of Saxophonist Natalia Astramowicz
Current address: Churchtown, Dublin 14
From: Jelenia Góra, Lower Silesia, Poland
Telephone: +353 (0)87 327 7247
2007-2010…………………..The Royal Academy of Music - Aarhus, Denmark.
MA in Music Performance (1st Prize, Finalists’ Recital)
2004-2010…………………..The Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music - Katowice, Poland.
5-year combined undergraduate and MA degree, emphasis on Pedagogy and Saxophone Performance
- In 2005 I created the Kajastrakossta Saxophone Quartet, with which I have released professional recordings and performed at the National Concert Hall (Dublin, Ireland), the Honorary Consul (Stuttgart, Germany) the Silesian Philharmonia and the Lower-Silesian Philharmonic Orchestra, the Silesian Theatre, among others.
I perform with an Irish quartet, the Sax Sisters, with public appearances such as at the Cork Jazz Festival and Taste of Christmas Festival, for example.
- I have been involved in a wide range of chamber music and orchestral projects (official recordings, festival concerts, etc), including regular cooperation with the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra, as well as the distinguished Aukso Chamber Orchestra, the Orchestra of New Music, the Ladies Chamber Orchestra and the Lower-Silesian Philharmonic Orchestra, to name but a few. I have also been involved in much Marching Band, Big Band and professional Wind Band playing, with some of which I have toured Europe.
In Dublin, I am a member of the Hot House Big Band under Mark Wilde and am a member of the RIAM Symphonic Wind Ensemble (dir. Fergus O’Carroll)
- I have taken masterclasses with some of the world’s leading saxophonists, including:
Jean Maria Londeix (Fr), Claus Olesen (Dk), Johannes Thorell (Swe) and Kenneth Edge (Irl)
I have also participated in many summer courses and workshops.
- Awarded, by international jury, First Prize (highest result) for my MA concert performance, Denmark
- Solo performance of Glazunov’s Saxophone Concerto, Opus 109, Lower-Silesian Philharmonia
- 3rd Prize, International Young Performers Music Contest, Szczecinek, Poland
- psychology, contemporary literature, skiing, tennis, sailing, dance
A celebration of lively Latin American and European saxophone repertoire for the season of Spring.
Darius Milhaud: Scaramouche - Vif - Modéré - Braziliera
Astor Piazzolla: Histoire du Tango (excerpts) - Café 1930 - Bordel 1900
Michael McGlynn: Visions - III: From Nowhere to Nowhere
Petro Iturralde: Pequeña Czarda
Natalia Astramowicz, saxophone. Pádhraic Ó'Cuinneagáin, piano.
March 24th, 1:15pm: St. Ann's Church, Dawson Street, Dublin 2
(Entry free, retiring collection in aid of RNLI):